Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mice!

Okay, really it would be mouse. We (My mom, Eli, Seth, Rider, Zak, & me) had a little run-in with a mouse. Okay, I have nothing against mice at all. I just don't like the idea of a mouse with a house full of two cats. So it all started when I came downstairs to go downstairs and read in Travis' room. Travis' room is the lowest floor so it's the coldest and my room was really stuffy and the moment I stepped downstairs Seth said "Don't go downstairs mom just opened the bag of Goodwill clothes and I mouse went downstairs!" Now I'm not a sissy when it comes to mice but what they said next made me cringe..."we sent Zak down after it." Now if you have seen our cat you will know that he is pretty lazy and fat, but he just loves little critters. When I had gerbils he was their stalker. But back to the story, I still was pretty warm so I went downstairs and all I saw was our cat, Zak, using the littler box. So I just hoped the mousey was gone. So I went into Travis' room sat on the couch (put my feet up) and later Rider tried taking a nap. But after a while I realized that none of the cat's were around. Well, I looked and on the way up or down the stairs there are two white shelves and a box of litter, and Zak was stalking the box of little. Going from side to side looking for something. Then I saw a little face poke out through one side. Well, I knew what a mouse looked like and called up the stairs. I then notice the mouse run back up. Then it went back all the way down. Me and Seth were then put on Mouse Patrol. What I mean is we were sent to get the mouse out of the house without bloodshed. Anyway, we were down there and noticed that Zak (the anointed mouse stalker) was trying to get to some stuff behind Travis' couch. Well, we went to work and in the end the mouse was outside (unharmed) and Rider was still inside. How we did it is: we (me and Seth) immediately started moving furniture out of the way. Then we put Rider into another room, and put Zak outside the "mouse sighted" area. Then we started pulling out on of Travis' big speakers (were the mouse was under). We then opened the screen door we got the mouse out, put all the stuff back, & let Rider back into his tiny little room. So all in all it was pretty crazy. Go ahead and comment and tell me what you think.
P.s. This sounds weird, but the mouse was really cute.

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are a crack up. I love your new background though. It's soo cute, and very you. I'll love the cutie blinkie! I miss you, Kells

    ReplyDelete