Sunday, June 6, 2010
NRG ACTS Youth Retreat
Hi, I had a blast yesterday at my co-op's youth retreat. Our youth group's name is NRG actually it was actually NSRG but NRG sounded better. It meant Never Stop Representing God. It was so much fun! On the night before I got my hair cut and highlighted. It looked pretty cute. I liked it after I got used to it. The first day I got there I got my bunk ready and talked to people. A lot of people noticed my hair actually. :) First we played a huge game of soccer and me and a couple other girls played cheerleaders. Then we did this neat scavenger hunt that used scripture and Red Vines. I won't explain it just because it took a lot the first time. Then we ate and had free time and went on canoes and such. It was fun! Then we headed back for dinner, tacos! And before dinner they made a group do a skit. I (for some unknown reason) got paired with the guy who played my husband in Beauty and the Beast. Yuck! We argued a lot about that choice. They were good. Then our leader gave us his speech. Then we hung out and got our pj's on and went to the campfire to talk. That took longer than expected so we stayed up later than expected. But we ended up going to bed at 10 after 1! Then we woke up had breakfast and had another message by my friend's dad. He was really good! Then we had more free time this time we went paddle-boating then I did something really stupid. The parents started coming in and everyone was really excited and decided to jump into the freezing cold water. I jumped in (along with other girls) in my clothes...TWICE! I just wanted to get the last swim of the day. I did! It was cold!!! A lot of the girls had problems figuring out what to do with all the extra clothes and such. I actually had a problem because I didn't have flip-flops or sandals so I walked around barefoot in my shorts! Then we went home. Okay that was a lot and I need to go before I type more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who did the message?
ReplyDelete